Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stall Time

I've been trying to get undemanding time with Zarah all week. My job has been sucking me dry and once the kids get home from school, it's so difficult. After parent/teacher conferences, I grabbed my laptop and went in to Z's stall to work. She was very interested in me being there and stood over me. Typical of her. She loves to be touched and scratched and she's not shy about telling me that. She doesn't let me work very much - she constantly touches my laptop with her nose and slobbers on my stuff. It occurred to me to practice bowing with her for 5 mins, but I refrained. It was better to just be with her.

Note: Regarding horseanalities, there is a great chart that outlines the 4 basic horse personalities here: http://files.parelli.com/HorsenalityChart.pdf

Rain looked jealous from the next stall. She stood and watched the entire hour. Kendall was with me by the end and we decided to go hang with Rain afterwards. She messed with us a bit, searched for some leftover hay for a bit and just stood with us. So great.

Starlit is hurting again - her range of motion is almost worse than where we started. Damn it.

No comments: