Friday, April 4, 2008

Back in the saddle...

I spent the week in Las Vegas for work and couldn't wait to get home and play with horses. Marcy wanted to ride Cowboy so I met her outside to get her some time with him. Marcy is still working on understanding the best way to communicate with horses and Cowboy wasn't too good with her on the ground. However, once she got in the saddle he was the horse I expected. Easy to ride, happy to leave the other horse or stay - didn't matter. Happy to go the gait you're asking. He's just a very cool horse and he continues to impress me.

I rode Z and she did just fine. Marcy didn't have much time, so we came back after just a few miles and I rode Z around in the front pasture. We worked on circles at the trot and canter, some light stopping, and some sidepassing. She felt good and we were in synch. I want to take her on a long trail ride, but the weekend is not shaping up for horse time at all. I'm trying to not be annoyed, but it's hard. I want to get her a little more ready for the Kenlyn ride at the end of April.

No comments: