Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kendall and More Trail

So, I'm getting into the fitness and feeling in better shape. Kendall is also asking to ride every day. If only there were more hours in a day! Anyhoo, it was time to start letting Kendall right solo so I can go back to using that time for my own development with Z. Steve wanted to tag along, too. I'm guessing we went about 4 miles.

Rain will snatch grass if her rider isn't on top of things. So, I gave Kendall some pointers to manage that. Kendall did amazingly well. I'm soooo proud of her. She has come a long way! She also snatched some treats and put them in her pocket to give to Rain for a job well done on the trail. I led Z a bunch for exercise's sake and got on and ponied Rain and Kendall for just a little bit. Kendall still worries a bit if the hills are steep downhills. I can understand that perfectly and I always tell her to get off whenever she has a thought of getting off. I want to preserve her confidence as much as possible. I can really imagine she and I doing some endurance together next year. I'd like to see her on a smaller horse than Rain, but I'm not up for buying a horse for her right now. If she stays this interested, I'll definitely consider it.

So, I'm getting in better shape. Kendall is becoming a good little rider. But, I'm not getting horse development time. Happy to be with the horses and my daughter, but want to make sure I stay on track.

No comments: