Sunday, June 7, 2009

Arrival Day, Pagosa Springs "The Truth"

Taking 3/4 Liberty course

Great drive, no issues. Gemini was great. Less than 6 hours.

Arrival and orientation. Name game. Me and my shadow. Played with Gem. He wanted to cruise the whole place and meet every horse we passed. Likes the tall grass - the tips. A good lawnmower. Met a woman who finished L3 on her gaited morgan. She also has a good friend who studies horse coloring. Very interested in her friends opinion of Gems color.

Gem and I are going to have a good week. I'm excited.

Savvy string hanging out of the door and scraping on the highway for hours.

Gem very motivated by treats. Have to remember that and use it. I'm forcing him too much. Loved walking around with him. I could completely imagine being on his back.

Nice to see familiar faces. Small class - 40 or so students. Moving in Harmony has 20 or so.

No hay cubes, alf/grass hay mix thrown to horses - 2 flakes. I'd feed more if I had my choice. We'll see how that goes. Horses need to have more to munch on.

Tons of horrid looking feet. WTF? Julia's horse has egg-bar shoes and pads. WTF?? To ride on the sandy arena? Now I just know too much about hooves.

Lots of compliments on Gem - he's a very attractive horse. Very different reaction from people than Z elicits. Interesting.

No comments: