Friday, July 31, 2009

My day as a Dressage Show Groom!

I woke up at 3:52am to support Loma in a dressage show. I was her groom. Not a glamorous title for sure, but I'm so glad I did it. I learned a lot and saw some very interesting things.

Loma is an extremely accomplished dressage instructor and won both of the classes she'd entered. We had some good time together, getting to know each better and even exploring some ideas for getting into business together. I got to experience a show from behind the scenes, a first for me.

I especially enjoyed watching the warm-up ring, seeing the various horses and riding styles. I saw some poor displays of horsemanship, but some amazing riding. Not all the people had uncontrollable horses from the ground, but certainly several.

I learned about scoring and how it's done.

No comments: