Friday, January 15, 2010

Riding in the CSI Pad

I finally got a chance to try my new pad. I rode Z in the arena with my Parelli saddle. I bought the sportcut pad, thinking I could maybe use it for both my english and western saddles. It's slightly small for the western saddle, though. I'm not crazy about it for the western riding and I may need to swap it for a full size western pad.

Z did ok, but I was hoping she'd feel better in the CSI pad than normal. We cantered quite a bit and she seemed fine, but still not quite what I was hoping for. Her canter strides were choppy and I believe the saddle was too tight at the withers and over her shoulders. I'll try it again with shims and lift up the front some. I was also feeling downhill and felt my weight go forward quite a bit.

I'll try some things and see if I can make it work.

No comments: