Saturday, April 17, 2010

Flippin' Wind!

Gusting in the 30's today with rain off and on. Lovely.

Today, Nina moved out again. This time was a keeper, though. The new pasture mates were lovely older mares. They were happy to see Nina and interested in a non-threatening way. Nina's confidence stayed intact and she pranced away checking out her surroundings.

It was bittersweet. I guess part of me hoped it wouldn't work out, but only for selfish reasons. I want Nina to stay with me. I know it's time for her to move on.

We then went to the animal shelter to adopt a couple more cats for the barn. Jewel is alone in the barn too much and it feels unfair to have her by herself. When I got home, the air had calmed and the rain stopped. i thought to jump on a horse and get going on something, but the day was nearly over and I had chores to do.

Tomorrow... supposed to be great weather. We shall see!

No comments: