Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pony rides and Bareback :-)

With the relatives in town, we decided to give the nephews some rides on Rain. The kids had a blast! I led them around the yard, asked Rain to stand on the pedestal and other obstacles and the kids were thrilled. The kids took turns standing on one end of the teeter totter while Rain, on the other end, would weight her side and cause the kids to go up and down. Even my sister-in-law hopped on for a little ride around the yard!

When that was over, Marla hopped on bareback and I gave her some help getting started with developing balance. She loved that and spent about 45 mins figuring out her seat and how to balance. I hopped on Z as well and did some trotting practice. Z was calm and felt great! Marla was a great time and I know she wanted to go longer.

I also pulled Gem out and showed some of his play! I was working on getting the rear, but he was acting pretty lazy and I never got it. However, he showed some good stuff and we had fun. I think the relatives enjoyed seeing the kind of things I do with horses.


Rain was a great "party horse" and I'm thankful to have her in my life and in my herd. She's a pleasure. Z and I are getting better and better and I'm going to keep trying to log 4-5 hours per week bareback.

I managed to get Gemini trimmed before calling it a night, too.

Great day sharing horses with the city folk!

No comments: