Monday, November 29, 2010

Doc checks out Gemini

Today, I had Doc McCall come out and take a look at Gem's swollen hock. I had x-rays taken a couple years ago at Littleton Large and I had shown them to Doc McCall before T-day week. He wanted to take new x-rays and see how much progression had occurred.

Luckily, when he palpated the hock, he changed his thoughts on the hock. It turns out to likely be a hernia on the tendon sheath. Gem isn't lame or anything, so Doc says we just need to watch it and do nothing at this point until it seems to be bone related. For now, it's a blemish and nothing more.

What a relief!

I'm really missing horses. It's been a rough month for horse-time between family vacation and the winter weather moving in. This weekend is our last group lesson, so I'm looking forward to a day with Gem and spending time talking about horses with my horse friends.

2 comments:

Parelli Central said...

I'm happy for you and Gemini that it's nothing major!!!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, me tooo! Thanks, Petra!