Sunday, December 12, 2010

Takin' it easy...

I wanted to spend some time with my 2 best mares today - Z and Rain. I started with Z. I groomed her, trimmed her, all while she ate nice hay. Then, I tacked her up and we just did some walking around the property. I did some passenger lesson around the play area and she surprised me by stopping at nearly every obstacle and offering something. Pretty cute. It was easy and thoughtless time with my most advanced horse whose been on vacation. I'd like to start riding her again.

Then, I brought Rain in for a trim. Her front frogs have been healing from some thrush, so I took my time and made sure her frogs were in good shape to continue recovering. I wanted to ride Rain a little too, but the darn wind was so strong I decided not to. That's ok - we'll ride a lot in the spring.

1 comment:

Parelli Central said...

Taking it easy is a good thing!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central