Sunday, January 2, 2011

Riding Gem in the snow!!

Great day! Rode around my property and up the road. Gem was fanastic. Low head, calm and relaxed. He wanted to go further and I actually turned him back a few times. He didn't want to go back - he was confident and ready to head down the trail. I like this horse!

Chrissy and Cowboy - Chrissy showed off some of her excellent ground skills with Cowboy. I helped her tweak her sideways a bit and tried to show her a new way to manage her rope by having Cowboy help her untangle his feet. Also showed her a good way to handle the transitions with falling leaf. She and her horse are doing so great together.

Marla on Rain - Marla rode around with me and Gem. She noticed that Rain felt softer and lighter - which means the tune up I've been doing on her is paying off. It felt great to just head down the drive and up the road a little. I wish we could have gone farther. I'm ready to adventure with Gem.

Fun day in the snow!

1 comment:

Parelli Central said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central