Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gem Online

Loving it! He's better every session. I've tried to make a program of circle game at the canter and build Gem's responsibility of maintain gait while keeping things fun. He gets so exuberant online and it makes me laugh.

On the circle, when he turns towards the barn at the canter, he's won a few times by making a beeline for the barn. I've been focused on setting up that scenario so I can stop the pattern. He tried it only once today, which is a nice improvement. I'd like to see 3 sessions where he doesn't try it and I'll feel better that we're past it.

We worked on lead by the ear, chin and tail. Tail is very soft, he'll lead backward with a slight suggestion. Chin is getting better and ear is the hardest.

I hopped on and rode him for just a few minutes (time is such a challenge anymore). I coached Chrissy and Cowboy on falling leaf from Gem's back. Then I did large circles with him working on leads and canter departs.

A great session!

1 comment:

Parelli Central said...

Sounds like a great, fun session! Just wait when the weather is more cooperating... can't wait :-)

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central