Friday, March 11, 2011

Another "best"!

Wow!! Such huge improvements! We went back to the 45' today and Gem was a rock star. Loose line, no bee-lining for the barn, soft transitions up and down and some nice COD's. Nice sideways on the 45', also. Picked KK up from the bus stop with him and he was rock solid and confident. Kendall rode him home bareback and I wasn't worried about a thing. My trust in him continues to build.

I also took him into the round pen to work on the spin. He's getting the idea and he can do it! The circle he makes is kind of large, so we'll keep refining. He has great draw and liberty won't be very tough for us. Still determined to focus on perfecting online before I do much liberty. Had a great time with him today.

Got Rio trimmed and for the first time in as long as I can remember, all the horses are trimmed and I have a few weeks off of even thinking about trimming. Ahhh... feels good.

No comments: