Monday, February 6, 2012

A Legacy of Legends

I had a great weekend with Kendall in Las Vegas. We flew out to see A Legacy of Legends, a tribute to Tom Dorrance and Ray Hunt. The event featured colt-starting with Buck Brannaman, Peter Campbell, Martin Black. It also showcased Betty who's a dressage rider (can't remember her last name), a woman who has mastered jumping and Jatin Lord, a reining performer. All the clinicians were students of Ray's and/or Tom's. Betty did dressage in a bosal, which was just lovely. Buck got a jumping lesson on a warmblood in an english saddle, which was a treat to watch.

Marting and Wade Black were especially impressive. Wade started his colt and by the 3rd day, he had the colt on a cow and was roping off of him. I was super impressed with his feel and method.
I will be going next year, but maybe w/o Kendall. She got a little bored and I only saw about 1 1/2 days of the 3 day event. However, Kendall and I had a blast in Vegas!

No comments: